Monday, November 13, 2006

 

Taking The First Step

The first blog entry is always the hardest. You feel compelled to explain why you're starting a blog... to validate and legitamize your right to take up a piece of cyberspace. So, here it is...

I think Christians get a bad wrap. Either people think we're:

a) narrow-minded, right wing, fundamentalist freaks (Rush Limbaugh springs to mind)
b) illogical and in need of a major crutch
c) judgemental, self-righteous "do gooders"
d) all of the above

I want to challenge those notions by sharing some of the experiences, thoughts and struggles, that I experience everyday as a politically left of center, Canadian Christian woman. (yes, its possible to be Christian and not vote Conservative!)

Last week, my former pastor emailed a challenge. Inspired by Joe Canadian's "I am Canadian" rant, he asked us to compose a rant about what is means to be Christian. Here is my rant, which pretty much captures the spirit of this blog.

Hey,
I’m not just a Canadian, or a global citizen…
I belong to a Kingdom much greater than that.
I’m not a right-wing fundamentalist…
And I’m don’t subscribe to the politics of Jerry Falwell, Bill O’Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.

I have a God.
His name is Jesus.
He died a painful, humiliating death, nailed to a cross…
He paid for my sins – everything evil that lives in my heart
He conquered death…
So that I could know God and live in his Kingdom forever.

I don’t lack intelligence, or blindly follow the masses
I struggle daily to follow him in a world that values tolerance over truth.
I believe that my life does not belong to me.
That achieving financial security, climbing the corporate ladder, raising well-adjusted kids, pursuing happiness or even doing great charitable works is not my life goal.
I believe in HIS WILL OVER MINE.
MY PURPOSE IS TO FOLLOW HIM AT ANY COST…
AND THAT’S SOMETHING THE PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD DON’T REALLY UNDERSTAND!

THE GOD I SERVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES
HE WILL NOT SHARE HIS THRONE WITH ANYONE OR ANYTHING
JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY
AND THAT’S A DIFFICULT REALITY TO GRASP!!!

BUT IT’S THE TRUTH…
DON’T DISMISS JESUS. REVIEW THE EVIDENCE. ASK THE TOUGH QUESTIONS.
DON’T BLINDLY SAY “IT’S NOT FOR ME”.
WAKE UP NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS K
AND I AM A CHRISTIAN!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?